unplug i2m when not in use?

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

L13

unplug i2m when not in use?

Post by L13 »

or leave it on all the time like my midi in and out boxes?
james
Site Admin

Re: unplug i2m when not in use?

Post by james »

It's not a problem to leave it connected. If you disconnect, the audio and MIDI ports on your computer will disappear so you don't want to disconnect it while you have your audio apps running.

TIP: If you want to leave it connected but the LED get annoying, the latest firmware update includes a "power save" feature which turns the LED off when not required, so it will stay connected but look like it's off most of the time.
L13

Post by L13 »

thanks james
i have never done a firmware upgrade before
where are the instructions on the site/forum?

[i take that back i did a sysex upgrade once to my nova synth and it was not much fun ;- (
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Download the Firmware Updater app, and the new firmware from here (you need to register if you've not done so already):

http://www.sonuus.com/software.html

There are a few ways to do the update, but this is the simplest:

(1) Run the firmware updater app, and locate the firmware update file. It will recognise it as an update for the i2M and ask you to connect the i2M.

(2) Hold the small mode button on the i2M while you connect it to the computer. This will make it enter a special "update mode".

(3) Press "Update" on the app (which will now be available once the i2M is detected in update mode).

(4) Done. So now close the update app.